The crime rate in Wichita Falls Texas is public information and can be found on the FBI website.
Wichita Falls, Texas has a crime rate of 5.8 per 1,000 people. The pros and cons of living in Wichita Falls are discussed here.
In 2018, the crime rate in Wichita Falls, Texas was 369.49 per 100,000 people, up 3.44 percent from 2017. In 2017, the crime rate in Wichita Falls, Texas was 357.19 per 100,000 people, down 15.97 percent from 2016. In 2016, the crime rate in Wichita Falls, Texas was 425.08 per 100,000 people, up 10.13 percent from 2015.
Is Wichita Falls, Texas, safe in this regard?
In Wichita Falls, the chances of being a victim of violent or property crime are 1 in 29. Wichita Falls is not one of the safest cities in America, according to FBI crime statistics. In comparison to the rest of Texas, Wichita Falls has a higher crime rate than 92 percent of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Similarly, where in Texas is the safest city to live? The top 25 safest cities in Texas are shown below.
- Frisco, Texas, 18of258.
- Sugar Land, Texas, #19of257
- Cedar Park, Texas, 20of256.
- Pflugerville, Texas. 21of255.
- Mansfield, Texas. 22of254.
- Georgetown, Texas, is number 23 on a list of 253 cities.
- Allen, Texas, 24of252.
- Flower Mound, Texas. 25of251. The score for safety is 90.42.
Is Wichita Falls, then, a good place to live?
Wichita Falls, located in Wichita County, is one of Texas’ greatest locations to live. People in Wichita Falls enjoy a sparse suburban vibe, with the majority of residents owning their houses. There are several coffee shops and parks in Wichita Falls. Wichita Falls’ public schools are above average.
What is the city of Wichita Falls famous for?
Wichita Falls, located on the renowned Texas plains between Dallas and Oklahoma City, is known for being the stomping ground of cattle ranchers as far back as the 1800s.
Answers to Related Questions
What is Texas’ most beautiful city?
Texas’s Top 10 Most Beautiful Towns
- Jefferson. Between Caddo Lake and Lake O’ the Pines, Jefferson is situated.
- Fredericksburg. Fredericksburg is a renowned tourist destination in the Texas Hill Country.
- Port Isabel is a town in the state of Texas.
Is there a waterfall at Wichita Falls?
The Falls are a natural phenomenon. In the 1800s, the city’s original falls (the city’s namesake) were wiped away by a flood. The current 54-foot man-made waterfall on the Wichita River’s south bank is a multi-level cascade. Southbound vehicles on I-44 may view the Falls as they pass the river’s bridge.
What city is nearest to Wichita Falls, Texas?
Wichita Falls, TX is surrounded by major cities.
- Plano, Texas is 120 miles away.
- Oklahoma City, OK is 121 miles away.
- Dallas, Texas is 125 miles away.
- Garland, Texas is 127 miles away.
- Lubbock, Texas is 194 miles away.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma is 211 miles away.
- Austin, Texas is 256 miles away.
- Wichita, Kansas is 269 miles away.
When was the last time there was a tornado in Wichita Falls, Texas?
Tornadoes hit the Red River Valley in 1979. The 1979 Red River Valley tornado outbreak was a tornado that struck the Red River Valley on April 10, 1979. Many meteorologists refer to this day as “Terrible Tuesday” because of the F4 tornado that destroyed Wichita Falls, Texas.
Is there snow in Wichita Falls?
Wichita Falls, Texas receives an average of 31 inches of rain per year. The average annual rainfall in the United States is 38 inches. Wichita Falls gets around 2 inches of snow each year on average. The average amount of snowfall in the United States is 28 inches per year.
Is Lubbock, Texas, a safe place to visit?
Lubbock, like many other cities on our list, is not very safe. Violent crime is more than twice as prevalent in Lubbock as it is in Texas and the United States, with 967 violent offenses per 100,000 population in 2015.
How much does it cost to live in Wichita Falls, Texas?
The typical household income in Wichita Falls, TX is $59,560. Using that figure, you’ll be able to spend a maximum of $1,390 a month on housing.
What is the origin of the name Wichita Falls?
It was founded in 1876 and named after the Wichita Indians and the low-water river falls that existed there until 1886, when a flood drove them away.
In Wichita Falls, Texas, how cold does it get?
Summers are hot, humid, and largely clear in Wichita Falls, while winters are chilly, windy, and partially overcast. The temperature normally ranges from 33°F to 98°F throughout the year, with temperatures seldom falling below 21°F or rising over 105°F.
What is the distance between Jacksboro and Wichita Falls, Texas?
In a northwesterly direction, the distance from Jacksboro to Wichita Falls is 51.76 miles (93.34 kilometers) by automobile, using the US-281 N and TX 114 route. If you drive nonstop, the distance between Jacksboro and Wichita Falls is 1 hour 6 minutes. From Jacksboro, TX to Wichita Falls, TX, this is the quickest route.
What is Wichita Falls’ population?
104,747 people (2017)
What is Texas’ most deadly city?
According to a study, these are Texas’s 20 most hazardous cities.
- Flower Mound is located in the counties of Denton and Tarrant. $128,426 is the median income. 75,101 people live here. The number of violent offenses per 1,000 people is: 1 Per 1,000 people, there are 9 property offences. Image courtesy of Getty Images.
- Buda, number 29 of 4215.
- Keller, 30of4214.
- Sachse, number 31 of 4213.
- Heath. 32of4212.
- University Park, Dallas County, 33of4211.
- 34of429. Melissa. Collin County is located in the state of Texas.
What are the worst areas in Texas to live?
The following are the top ten worst locations to live in Texas in 2020:
- Hutchins is a character in the film Hutchins (Photos)
- Hempstead is a town in the London Borough of He (Photos)
- Cleveland is a city in Ohio (Photos)
- Port Arthur is a city in British Columbia, Canada (Photos)
- Livingston is a town in the state of Montana (Photos)
- Robstown is a town in the state of Pennsylvania (Photos)
- Aransas Pass is located in the state of Texas (Photos)
- the heart (Photos)
Which Texas cities have the highest crime rates?
Oyster Creek is a creek in the town of Oyster
- The violent crime rate per 100,000 in this town of 1,129 people is 1,328.6.
- Cuero is home to 6,572 people.
- The violent crime rate in Mathis is 1,255.3 per 100,000.
- The violent crime rate of Lone Star is 1,246.7 per 100,000.
- Balcones Heights is a neighborhood in San Antonio, Texas.
What is the cheapest city to live in Texas?
The following are the most cost-effective cities in Texas:
- Cedar Park is a park in the city of Cedar Park,
Which Texas city has the lowest crime rate?
In terms of safety, Texas is in the middle of the pack, with the 30th lowest property crime rate and the 35th lowest violent crime rate. Texas’s Safest Cities, 2019.
|Rank||City||Index of Safety|
|1||Villages dedicated to the deceased||1.13|
Which Texas city has the fewest tornadoes?
The lowest rates are seen in far west Texas, middle Texas, and “the Valley.” They are sometimes seen in coastal Texas, such as Houston, although they are quite rare. Fort Worth and Dallas are two of the most devastated cities.